Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce Policies
Reuse of Greywater to Help Address Unsustainable Water Resource Demand (2020)
Of the overall available water resources on earth, approximately 97% is in the oceans with the remaining 3% available for direct use; however, out of this 3% the water available for use by humans is estimated at one one-hundredth. Survival remains one of the key factors of water use along with food production, industry, and domestic needs.
Global demand for water has or will soon reach or exceed natural capacity of watersheds. Much of the world is affected by acute water shortage and over-exploitation of water resources resulting in the destruction of these resources and high levels of freshwater pollution resulting from anthropogenic factors. Urbanization, industrialization, and population growth have resulted in unsustainable water demand. Canada is not immune to these problems.
As growth and demand continues where will the water come from to sustain industry, food production, ecological and human activities? The widespread reuse of grey water is a viable option that should be explored to meet some of this demand for water.
Telecommunications and the Canadian Economy (2020)
Telecommunications are the backbone of Canada. Technological advances have birthed a knowledge economy where ideas and information matter more than physical resources. Participating in the information age has enabled Canada and other members of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to maintain a strong economy. The continued prioritization of fibre and broadband services are essential to Canada preserving its market position.
The Need to Invest in Truck Driver Training (2019)
Measuring the Effects of Increased Minimum Wages in Alberta (2019)
Investing In Market Access for Southern Alberta Businesses (2019)
Creating an Effective Workforce for the Changing Economy (2019)
The Application Process and Farmer Involvement in the Wetland Policy (2019)
The Economics of Addiction (2019)
Improving Safety in the Downtown through the Ambassadors Program (2018)
A Systems Approach for Provincial Transportation Systems (2018)
A Systems Approach for Regional Transportation Systems (2018)
Creating a New Pharmaceutical Industry in Canada (2017)
Digital Broadband:The Essential Utility (2017)
Engaging the Voice of Business in Municipal Planning (2017)
Investing In Market Access for Southern Alberta Businesses (2017)
Maintaining a Fair Balance on the Alberta Labour Relations Board (2017)
Measuring the Effects of Increased Minimum Wages in Alberta (2017)
Small Scale Renewable Energy (2017)
Solicit Bids from Private Industry for Recycling Contracts (2017)
Considerations for Bio-Energy and the Future of Alberta's Electricity Production (2016)
Alberta Farm Safety Legislation (2016)
Dual Credit Opportunities in Alberta (2016)
Ensuring the Future of Canadian Oil and Gas (2016)
Government Competing with Private Industry (2016)
Water for Sustainability: A National Water Strategy (2016)
Workers Compensation Board Coverage for Farm and Ranch Workers (2016)
Alberta Chamber of Commerce Policies
The Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce has had a number of policies adopted by the Alberta Chamber of Commerce. This means that they have become official policy for all of the Chambers in Alberta and are being advocated for to the Provincial Government by our team in Edmonton. In addition, our Chamber supports all of the policy resolutions on the books of the Alberta Chamber of Commerce.
Small Scale Renewable Energy (2018)
Water for Sustainability (2018)
- Indigenous Labour Force Stragegy: Tapping into an Underutilized Pool of Labour Supply (2017) - CoAuthored with Fort McMurray
- Alberta Farm Safety Legislation (2016)
- Workers Compensation Board Coverage for Farm and Ranch Workers (2016)
- Investing in Market Access for Southern Alberta Business (2017)
- A Systems Approach for Provincial Transportation Systems (2018)
Canadian Chamber of Commerce Policies
The Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce sponsors and co-sponsors a number of policies through the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
- Ensuring the Future of Canadian Oil and Gas (2016)
- Digital Broadband: The Essential Utility (2017)