OLDMAN WATERSHED COUNCIL
The Oldman Watershed Council (OWC) is a not-for-profit organization in Southern Alberta, Canada. We are one of 11 Watershed Advisory and Planning Councils in Alberta, mandated by the provincial government to provide an independent voice for watershed management and health under the Province's Water For Life strategy.
The Council consists of the staff and OWC members who work collaboratively with all stakeholders to improve the Oldman river watershed by:
- improving and sharing knowledge
- building and strengthening stakeholder partnerships
- providing a science-based forum for all voices to be heard
- promoting and facilitating community and institutional action and stewardship
- developing and implementing integrated land and water plans.
The Council is governed by a Board of Directors who are comprised of nineteen representatives from various stakeholder sectors, and four members at large.