Select is seeing a high demand for Machinists in the Lethbridge area. If you are an expert in all things mechanical from repairs to assembly, we can be the link between your resume and the right people.
What’s in it for You?
Compensation & Hours:
- The rate of pay is expected to be $34-40/hour
- Setting up and operating manual lathes, boring mills, broaching machines, drill presses, milling machines, surface grinders, metal cutting saws, tapping machines, and tool grinders.
- Independently plan sequence of operations required for assigned projects
- Repairing machine tools and parts as well as fit and assemble components
- Verify measurements and parts with precision measuring tools
- Read and understand charts and tables
- Apprentice or Journeyman designation
- 3+ year of machining experience
- Familiar with heavy equipment (agriculture, construction and/or oilfield) and hydraulic cylinder repair
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, charts, & tables
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making capabilities
- Strong attention to detail with solid written & verbal communication skills
- Safety conscious
- Mathematically inclined
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks
Bonus Points For:
- Own basic machinist tools, equipment, steel toed boots and safety glasses/goggles
- Go to our website at https://jobs.selectrecruiting.ca/ and click “Apply Online.”
- Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not be able to consider your job application.