Construction Trades Assistant
Construction season is finally taking off! We are looking for experienced construction workers to join a well respected local company to assist their foreman or tradesperson with their day to day tasks, which will change daily.
What’s in it for You?
- Direct hire for long term work
- Potential to receive trades training & certification
Compensation & Hours:
- The rate of pay will be $21/hr.
- 7am start – may include evenings and weekends
- Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris or possible hazards
- Set up site by organizing and setting up materials, equipment, scaffolds, barricades, temporary structures,
- Loading, unloading, organizing and transporting materials
- Commercial painting
- Assist in demolition as needed
- Assisting foreperson & tradesperson
- Class 5 drivers license
- 2+ years experience in building construction or renovations
- Knowledge of construction principles and methods
- Health & Safety minded
- PPE: Steel toed boots, work gloves
- Strong problem solving, organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
- Ability to operate hand tools
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and blueprints as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent balance & hand-eye coordination
- Ability to perform extensive physical labour including: standing for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, twisting, climbing & lifting 50 lbs.
Bonus Points For:
- Trade certified for a relevant position (e.g. plumber, carpenter, electrician)
How to Apply:
- Go to our website at https://jobs.selectrecruiting.ca/ and click “Apply Online.”
- Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not be able to consider your job application.