Casual General Labourer
Are you looking to try out working in different industries to gain new skills and experiences? Do you have the ability to perform a variety of tasks in different working conditions? We are looking to fill casual general labour positions in the city. You may even discover a new talent or passion.
What’s in it for You?
- Weekly Pay
- Gain experience in various industries
- Work for all skill levels
Compensation & Hours:
- The rate of pay will be $20/hr.
- Monday – Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Perform various physical duties as assigned
- Provide assistance as needed
- Perform care and maintenance of assigned tools
- Load and unload materials
- Light duty cleaning
- Effectively use heavy and light equipment depending on the assignment
- Remove hazards from the job site as needed, including: cleaning up garbage, pulling weeds, shoveling etc.
- Assemble scaffolding
- Perform some specialized tasks that may include on-site training.
- Ability to adhere to all companies policies
- Ability to follow instructions both written and verbal as well as communicate with co-workers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Safety minded
- Lift 50+ lbs. safely
- Steel toed boots & work gloves
- Strong attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to safely use hand tools
- Perform basic mathematics
- Ability to problem solve
- Quick learner
Bonus Points For:
- CSTS 2020
- Previous experience in a similar setting
- Forklift certified with experience
- Ability to work in all types of weather including extreme conditions
How to Apply:
- Go to our website at https://jobs.selectrecruiting.ca/ and click “Apply Online.”
- Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not be able to consider your job application.