Casual Administration Assistant
Our client is seeking a casual motivated and experienced Administrative Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced environment and aims to provide excellent service to all clients and guests. In this role you will serve as the first point of contact for our clients and visitors, both in person and over the phone. You will be responsible for managing the reception area, handling administrative tasks, and contributing to a meaningful customer interaction. If you are someone who possesses excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and have a strong background in administrative support, this may be the role for you!
What’s in it for You?
- Weekly Pay
- Potential for additional on-site training & advancement
Compensation & Hours:
- The rate of pay will be $17-$20/hr.
- The hours are casual and may include evenings & weekends
- Greet visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner, directing them appropriately.
- Manage inbound customer inquiries (in person, phone or email) and answer any questions and provide timely and accurate information or direct them to the right staff member.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the reception area and other communal office spaces.
- Perform basic administrative duties such as filing, photocopying and data entry.
- Prepare and edit documents and spreadsheets as needed.
- Assist in scheduling, organizing meetings, and managing calendars for designated staff.
- Maintain accurate records of clients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a reception or front office role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, ensuring effective communication with team members, clients, and visitors.
- Strong writing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage schedules/tasks.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm in high pressure or stressful situations.
- A team player who is self-motivated.
Bonus Points For:
- Business Administration or other relevant schooling
- Experienced in Quickbooks or Sage
- 2-3 years’ experience in AP/AR or Payrolling
How to Apply:
- Go to our website at https://jobs.selectrecruiting.ca/ and click “Apply Online.”
- Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not be able to consider your job application.