This lunch hour presentation will focus on mental health in the workplace. Each presenter will give a presentation on the services that their organization provides, who accesses them, and how to access them.
Dr. Tyler Amell is a widely known and recognized thought leader on the topic of workplace health and productivity. His energetic and thought provoking speaking style always contributes to a great conference experience. When he is not speaking at events throughout the world, he is a trusted advisor to organizations on strategic and integrated workplace health and productivity, absence and leave management, medical assessment, occupational rehabilitation, disability management and disability prevention, workers’ compensation, mental health, musculoskeletal health, chronic disease, wellbeing programs and workplace health and safety.
- 10:30 – 10:45 a.m. – Welcome & Introductions
- 10:45 – 11:00 a.m. – CMHA Presentation; Introduction of Mental Health topics and areas of awareness
- 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. – Focus Groups (what have participants done in their own organizations regarding mental health/what do they need?) – Laura & Harmoni will be facilitating this
- 11:45 – Noon – Lunch brought in
- Noon – 1:15 p.m. – Dr. Tyler Arnell, Morneau Shepell; Strategies and options for different employers, how to implement an EFAP program and/or what things to consider when implementing solutions for workplace mental health.
- 1:15 – 1:30 p.m. – Close out/Final Comments
Dr. Amell has given seminars and presentations at over 100 national and international events, and has authored over 35 peer-reviewed publications. Tyler is a former instructor at Queen’s University, the University of Alberta, University of Calgary, and University of Ottawa. He is currently on faculty at the Pacific Coast University for Workplace Health Sciences.
Dr. Amell is a Partner at the global human resources consulting and services firm Morneau Shepell. He also serves on the Executive Board of Directors of the Canadian Association for Research on Work and Health, the Integrated Benefits Institute (IBI) and is the past CEO of a Human Resources Technology Company, and Vice President of Canada’s largest independent Healthcare and Rehabilitation company.
Dr. Amell has recently contributed to events and publications of the Conference Board of Canada, the Integrated Benefits Institute (IBI), the Disability Management Employers Coalition (DMEC), Schedule 2 Employers Group, the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) and the Occupational and Environmental Medical Association of Canada (OEMAC).
Tyler holds a Doctorate in Rehabilitation Medicine from the University of Alberta, a Master’s of Science in Rehabilitation Medicine from Queen’s University and a Bachelor’s of Science from the University of Ottawa.